Monday, June 21, 2010

Remember Kindness? Well, it Worked.

A few weeks back I wrote a post about an agent that cared enough to address her rejection letter to not only me, but my 10 year old daughter as well. Ironically, ever since that post, the rejections that I've received have all included both our names.

Honestly, I'm sure it's just a coincidence. But it is kinda cool to think (in my fanTASTY world - cause, yes, my fantasy world is tasty...it's created out of pure, sweet, creamy chocolate...yummm)that agents are actually reading my blog. Fantasy, FanTASTY, coincidence or not, it just goes to show you HAVE to be careful what you say. When something is on the internet, it's out there for the entire world to see. And although I'm a risktaker, I say why take a chance on your reputation when it's so easy to be nice.

Kindness begins with me. How about you?

3 comments:

Piedmont Writer said...

Sweet post. I'm glad the agents are addressing your daughter as well. That is, indeed, very kind.

Karen said...

Thanks for the post. That is very cool that they're doing that. We actually had this conversation at WIFYR last week. Agents and editors will google you apparently. Who knew?

Amie B said...

i knew they googled - but i didn't think they'd actually read blog posts.