Monday, August 16, 2010

You've Won An Award!

Yes. You. I'm looking at you. Yes, you with the coffee/tea/cereal/chocolate in your hands. Yes you reading this blog right now. I'm talking to you. You've won an award. Um, yeah, let's try that again. YOU'VE WON AN AWARD!!


"What?" you say. "Is she crazy? There's 77 of us."

Yep. I know. And yeah, I know I'm breaking the rules. So what if I'm really only supposed to give the award to five of my closest friends? I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm a trendsetter and I like breaking the rules.

Besides, when I tried to think of five recipients, my brain went into adult ADHD mode.

Here's a sample of my neurotic thinking:

Karen Krueger - she's the one that gave me the award (thanks Karen! *waves), and I'd like to give it back to her. But that would be cheesy like one of those chain emails that says, "forward this to 10 friends and send it back to me." So, I better not do that.

Katie Borst - she's my sister-in-law and she's been so enthusiatstic about my writing. Friends and family are our supporters, right? So she deserves this award...oh but wait...she doesn't have a blog. Hmmm, that's a problem.

Rose Cooper - she's so awesome. I've only known her a short time, but she's become my instant friend. Mi Amigo. Mein freund. Srsly, I swear we're like writer soul mates. But I just gave her an award and I might start to look like a stalker...

Terry Tiffany - she's like the first one to comment on a post. How cool is that? She definately deserves an award for that.

Then, after a while, all I could see were each of your faces, names and blogs and realized that you've all offered me so much that I couldn't possibly narrow my choice down to only five of you.

That's when I decided ALL of you deserve the award! Because you've all given me something different and unique that only YOU can give. And I value each of you for it. YOUR strength, YOUR hope and YOUR encouragement.

Afterall, that's what friendship is all about, right?

So, this award is for you! To thank you for your kind words, for being there, for supporting me. I hope that I can return that support to you, too. And above all else, I hope you know that I care!

So, I'm sending my sincerest thanks with this award. I hope you'll share it with your closest friends. But don't worry about sending it back to me ;)


19 comments:

Casey said...

Awesomeness. I now officially have two awards from your blog. xD This is so cool. I think I'll go make my own award and then give away all four at once. xD

Rose Cooper said...

You are awesome!! Thanks so much--I need to pass these awards on too, i'm so behind. You're such a great friend and no you don't look like a stalker, haha!

Sara B. Larson said...

This is a great idea - I love getting awards, but then have a such hard time "picking" who to give them to, so I often just don't do them at all... probably not the best way to deal with it. Oh well! ;)

Jen said...

You're such a sweetheart! What a special shout-out and awesome award! Certainly well deserved! You're an awesome blogger, even though I'm new to your blog!!! I'm just that smart :)

Amie B said...

thank you! you're all smart and awesome and i'm glad you're in my circle of friends!

Angie said...

Aw, you're sweet!

T. Anne said...

Oh I heart you so! This brightens my horrible day!!!! Seriously it's like the only bright spot. So big hug for making me happy!!!

Amie B said...

sorry to hear that you're having a bad day, but glad that i was able to make you happy!

angie - you're sweet, too!

Jaydee Morgan said...

Congrats on your award - definitely deserving. And way to be a rule breaker/trendsetter!!

Tania McCue said...

Wow, I feel like I showed up at just the right time :) You break those rules lady, break em'!

WritingNut said...

Aww.. thank you so much Amie! This is very sweet of you! :)

Medeia Sharif said...

Congrats on the award.

I love the blogging community--there are so many supportive and helpful bloggers out there.

MaraLee said...

This was really nice.
Love you tons!
<3

Elliot Grace said...

...a very thoughtful post, Amie:) Following yet another crappy shift at the dayjob, reading this hit the spot!

Amie B said...

you guys are the best! :)

melissa said...

Hey thanks for the award!! yay! and thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog.

Sara McClung ♥ said...

Congrats :)

Terri Tiffany said...

You made my day!! I would have commented sooner but I was gone all day:) I am so glad that woman also praised you for your beautiful daughters. We need to do more of that to others. Thank you for that sweet reminder!

lbdiamond said...

Awww, this is sooo sweet! :D