Monday, October 25, 2010

Long Overdue

I've received a few awards recently and I'm long overdue in recognizing them. And many, many thanks to the beautiful ladies who sent them! If you haven't visited their blogs, be sure to stop by today!

My first award is The Cherry on Top Award. It's from both Laura Diamond AND Juanita.

The rule? Answer one question: If I had the chance to go back and change one thing in my life, would I, and what would it be?

Honestly, I've thought about this a lot over the years.

Sometimes I wish I hadn't given up that Broadway contract to get married. What would it have hurt to wait a year? But, thank heavens for hindsight. I'm glad I made the choices I did, when I did. I really wouldn't have my life any other way.

Other times I wish I'd gone to prom and my high school graduation. I skipped out on both. Most of my friends were college peers (I did early placement) so I didn't feel connected to anyone in my Senior Class. At the time it seemed like a good idea to just sit in the audience and watch everyone else graduate. To this day I still have nightmares that I didn't graduate from high school. So yeah, maybe I'd change that...


I've also received The Versatile Blogger Award from Tali

Here are seven pieces of info about me:

#1 - I've been married for 14 years. I was 20 3/4 when I met my husband (aka Ben Affleck) and we tied the knot a month before my 21st birthday. You do the math.

#2 - Daises are my favorite flowers. So when my book gets published, be sure to send me some :)

#3 - I'm addicted to perfume. My favorites: Angel by Thierry Mugler, Sexy Little Things Noir by Victorias Secret and Twilight Woods from Bath and Body Works. But I have a cabinet FULL - and by full I mean about 100 bottles - of different fragrances. Oh yes, the scent I wear is all dependant upon my outfit. They HAVE to match.

#4 - I started college at 16.

#5 - Warm baths + hot herbal tea + a good book = my favorite way of relaxing after a stressful day.

#6 - I make the best chocolate chip cookies. Ever.

#7 - Bruschetta is my favorite food. When I'm not eating chocolate, of course.


So....what about you? Any regrets? Anything you'd do differently? What are seven pieces of info that no one knows about you?

17 comments:

Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) said...

Ooh, I love perfume as well. I have a few *coughs* bottles as well. :)

Congrats on the awards.

Christine Danek said...

Congrats on the awards.
I would go back and start my writing career sooner. I sometimes feel like the odd gal out. Plus, I get a lot of weird looks from other moms when I say I like YA.
You started college at 16 --holy cow. You're a smarty pants. I mean that in a good way.
:)
Have a great day!!

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Wow, you started college at 16! At that age I had no idea what I want to do with my life.

My only one regret is that it took so long to get started on my writing career. But I was so busy with everything else (grad school, drug rep career) that I didn't have time. It was only when I became a stay home mom that I had more time. What I mean is I could get up at 5 am and not have to worry about driving long distances with so little sleep. ;)

Jennifer Shirk said...

I wish I had gone to my recent high school reunion. I wish I had continued with college and had gotten my PharmD degree. I wish I had started having kids earlier. (To name a few) :)
Oh well. Live and learn. LOL

Jaydee Morgan said...

Congrats on your awards, they're well deserved!

No regrets, although like others have stated, I wish I would have started writing seriously a lot earlier.

Wendy Paine Miller said...

Congratulations on your awards.

I can think of one specific conversation I wish I'd fleshed out. It still bites to think about it.
~ Wendy

ciaraknight said...

Amie, great site. I'm going to explore more when I get home. Hope you are on Networked blogs.

There are many choices in life I want to go back and smack young me for. Although, I learned from them so they served a purpose. @ Jennifer, I agree about having kids earlier.

Talei said...

Congrats Amie! ;)

What would I do differently? Hmmm there's a couple of guys I would've avoided. LOL. I started Uni at 17 and I took a long sabbatical before going back, I caught the travel bug and went overseas. Am glad I did though and I did finish my studies too so all is good. ;)

Amie Kaufman said...

Everybody is impressed by the college starting age, and I'm thinking about the cookies. That probably says something about me.

I have an anti-regret. The job I desperately wanted to get and was pretty sure I would, back when I was 24. They passed right over me--sending me overseas and around the world, back to school and into a career I love. The job I wanted? Would have made me miserable. Yet at the time, I'd have said that my greatest regret was not putting more work into getting a job I thought was mine. Funny how things work out.

KarenG said...

I would definitely fight you over #6!

lbdiamond said...

Congrats on the awards!

I'll send you daisies if you send me some of your chocolate chip cookies! ;)-

Noble M Standing said...

I wish I would have really learned the English and grammar rules and how to write when it was free to learn it (HS). I wish I hadn't taken so many years off in between writing.

Those are the biggest of a handfull of regrets.

Sara B. Larson said...

Wow, you are like a very talented genius or something! What Broadway contract? And wow, college at 16! And I still need to get some of those cookies or fudge or what else was it I wanted that you make? ;) Congrats on the awards!

Melanie Jacobson said...

I love, love, LOVE bruschetta.

RaShelle said...

Amie - A hundred bottles of perfume? Holy wow! That's serious. My hubby and I have been married 14 years today - as of 25 minutes ago. LOL
Congrats on the awards and thanks for sharing all your fun facts. =D

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Met and married in only 2 months, eh, girl? ;-)

So will you share your tips for perfect chocolate chip cookies? We love those things here and I'd love to be able to make them better. What's the secret?

And I'd also LOVE a good recipe for bruschetta! Unless, of course, you'll be cursed for sharing the family secrets . . .

THANKS, Amie!

Rose Cooper said...

college at 16? Wow, you're super smart!! Your #6 was such a sofia comment I love it! Uh, ship me some cookies? :)

I'm not a perfume girl. At all. I wear body sprays. only.

Any regrets? Nope. I don't regret anything because every experience made me who I am today.