Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween Cake

As you know, I made a 3 tiered cake for my daughter's birthday party. Although each layer was beautiful, once assembled it leaned. I learned that there were two reasons for this: too much filling and skipping the vital step of the support rods.

The best part about cake decorating and writing (and just about everything in life) is that we learn from our experiences. And, if we're smart, we apply what we've learned to future projects.

Lucky for me - and a whole crowd of people at an awesome party - I applied that knowledge and guess what? My cake didn't lean! And, might I add, the design was pretty sa-weet!

So check it out!

What do you think?

Hope you are having a great week!

11 comments:

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Oh, wow! I'm jealous. That looks awesome. :D

Christine Danek said...

Wow. Very cool! I want to eat it, but don't want to ruin it. :)
Awesome job!

Meredith said...

That cake is beautiful! Definitely too awesome to eat--that's incredible!

Colene Murphy said...

WOW! That cake is Amazingly awesome!! I bet it tasted sooo good

Sara B. Larson said...

Wow, that's amazing!! You are so talented. :)

Ciara Knight said...

That is a cool cake! Can you make a dinosaur for my son's birthday. LOL I'm impressed.

Abby Minard said...

Love the cake- so cool!

Medeia Sharif said...

That's an awesome looking cake!

Amie Kaufman said...

Are. You. Kidding. Me?

There's tombstones! And a fence! And in the tree, and they're flying, and, and, and...

*boom*

Brain explosion.

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

You da bomb!

Helen said...

What a fabulous cake!