Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Knee-Deep

In revisions.

Thankfully it's not dishes, or laundry or cleaning of any sort. Oh wait....I'm always digging myself out of those trenches. Never mind.

However, I do wish I were knee-deep in chocolate or brownies or ice cream. I'll deal with the weight gain and numb limbs later.

But I'm excited to be knee-deep in these revisions....even if it means my NaNo had to be put on hold. Because doing this revision means I'm one step closer....or so I hope.

OH! OH! OH!
Last week I had some really exciting news and I totally flaked on sharing it with you! I was contacted by Baltimore Family Navigator / Catholic Charities. They wanted permission to distribute my article Navigating The Storm: Advocating For Your Learning Disabled Child. That was so exciting! Not to mention validating. I'm thrilled that they believe in the article enough to share it with families in need. That rocks.

And I'll tell you what - after working out those negotiations I realized just how important it is to have an agent. So yeah. Agent. Good. I think I'll try to get me one of those :)

AND finally...

A big shout out to all my new followers!! *Waves* So glad you found me! Can't wait to hear from you and read your blogs, too!


Hope you're having a great week.

16 comments:

Christine Danek said...

Congratulations. How exciting! I knee deep in revisions too. When you decide to go knee deep into the sweets let me know, I'll join ya.

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Yay, it's party time in the land of sweets. *rushes off to get spoon*

I haven't gotten very far on my writing, either. I ended up doing some major revisions to my first chapter (which meant revisions in the first couple of chapters as well). Plus, we went away on vacation. Oh well, no big rush. I want to enjoy the writing process, not churn out books that will only end up being rejected in the end. ;)

Anne Gallagher said...

Congratulations. That's great news about the article.

I'm in revisions still. I've got to rework the ending I think.

Wendy Paine Miller said...

Congratulations on the article and way to go on revisions. I know from experience those can be brutal.

~ Wendy

Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) said...

Congrats on revision and your article. So excited for you.

Now I need to figure out how to get myself knee-deep in chocolate while revising. Hmm. :)

Meredith said...

Congratulations on the article! And good luck with the writing! Sounds like you're in quite a good place right now :)

lbdiamond said...

Oh yeah, revisions are tough!!!!

Congrats on your success! :D

ciaraknight said...

Congratulations on the article. How exciting! Good luck with your revisions, too.

Rezden said...

Congrats on the article. Great advice about the agent too. Look forward to hearing more about your progress. :)

wheresmypencil said...

I was wondering where you went. ;p I guess I'll excuse your long absences since you are working.;p
I'm actually revising too, and I've decided we all deserve a chocolate break. I thought just writing down the story to begin with would be the hardest part, but I've discovered that revising is far harder, also a little more rewarding. Good luck on yours.

wheresmypencil said...

I was wondering where you went. ;p I guess I'll excuse your long absences since you are working.;p
I'm actually revising too, and I've decided we all deserve a chocolate break. I thought just writing down the story to begin with would be the hardest part, but I've discovered that revising is far harder, also a little more rewarding. Good luck on yours.

Casey said...

You told ME :-P 'Cuz I'm so cool like that. xD

Amie Kaufman said...

I was wondering where you went too! That's fantastic news about the article -- they clearly think it's worth sharing and will help others who read it.

Go on the revisions, go! Care not for dishes or general responsibility. Revise like the wind!

Jennifer Shirk said...

Oh, that's very exciting about your article!! Congrats!!

Terri Tiffany said...

Wonderful news on the article!! That would validate a lot for me too!

Kittie Howard said...

Congratulations!! That's great news about the article. Which I hope leads to more articles!!! (Since you're in Md., have you thought about contacting the weekend magazine for The Washington Post???)