Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Memories and a Thank You!

It's been a busy week here. Christmas was amazing. Many wonderful gifts were exchanged. Lots of extra pounds of food was consumed (which I will most likely spend all of 2011 trying to lose!). But the best part was enjoying every moment with my girls and husband. It really doesn't get any better than that!

I have three favorite memories from Christmas that I'd like to share with you.

First was when my middle daughter (who is only 10) opened a present from me which happened to be a set of books. Gregor The Overlander by Susanne Collins. She did this thing where she pretended to pass out. Since the camera was rolling, I asked her what the gift was. She said the title and author. Then I asked her who this Susanne Collins was. She said, "Only my favorite author!" I love that my children are excited to receive books as gifts. Ever since The Hunger Games she has been hooked on reading and even more so on Susanne Collins. This child also received a real bow and arrow from Santa (with a note that read "Don't shoot your eye out kid!") because she wants to be like Katniss Everdeen! See what books can do?! Oh my! I may have to call Mrs. Collins and have a little chat with her...

Second is when my baby (so what if she's 7!) opened her Rapunzel/Tangled tower and said, "Wow! This is a lot bigger than I thought!" We all cracked up laughing. It was just too precious.

Third was when my eldest daughter pointed at three wrapped presents sitting on the shelf by the tree. They were the special books that I always get for them (I wrote a post on mixed-up files about that). She must have asked a dozen times when she could open hers. Then she confessed that it was always her favorite Christmas present. I mean, how do you not well up with that?

So yeah, it was a wonderful Christmas.

I'd also like to thank all of you for your support and votes on my short story! I won readers choice and my story will appear in next year's Christmas anthology! If you haven't stopped by the site (LDS Publisher), you should. There were lots of great stories - all of which deserve to be read.

I hope that winning that contest is a start of many great things to come in the new year!


5 comments:

Kristi said...

Awww, thanks for sharing your Christmas memories! I love reading about other families' traditions and the cool things they do...sounds like you have three very sweet, intelligent girls on your hands! Kudos to you, Mom! ;-)

AND a big congrats on winning readers choice!

Casey said...

WHOA, MAN. WHOA. I got an archery set, too. ARCHERY PARTY!! xD I've been asking for one for like three years... 'cuz I always do it at Girl Scout camp and I'm really good at it. I just got my set this year though, so yay. Whoo.

lbdiamond said...

Wow, what a wonderful Christmas!

Congrats on the win! :D

LeishaMaw said...

Congrats! And thanks for sharing your Christmas memories with us. :)

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Your girls sound adorable. My fav gifts were books, too - and still are!

CONGRATULATIONS on the story win!!! That's fantastic!