Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye to Another Year

It's time to say goodbye to another year and ring in the new. 2010 was the start of a new decade and although it had some pretty miserable memories, there are lots of good things to remember, too.

* I wrote my first middle-grade manuscript
* I joined and helped build The Mixed-Up Files
* Although I had tons of requests, and then an equal amount of rejections on my YA, I averaged 95% feedback from agents on these rejections.
* My MG received about 99% feedback from agents (yep - that's pretty close to all of the agents that read my ms gave me more than just a form rejection)
* My MG is still out with agents - but that's all I can say about that :)
* Even though I hated it at the time, I participated in NANO.
* I started blogging (technically I started in 2009 - but it was December, so it's close enough to 2010 in my book)
* I've met some really awesome bloggers, writers and more importantly - FRIENDS :)
* I joined a crit group. They are the bomb. I adore those women.
* My article about advocating for learning disabled children was sought after by well-known charities for distribution rights.
* A short story I wrote won a contest and will be published in a Christmas anthology

These are just the tip of the iceberg. There is so much that's happened in my personal life and family that I have to be grateful for, too.

I hope that the later half of 2010 (the contest and publication) are just a sign of things to come in 2011. Monday I'll be posting my goals for the new year. If you haven't written yours already, I hope you'll join me then and set your goals with me!

And I hope, too, for all my blogger buddies and friends that you have a wonderful 2011. May your hopes and dreams come true!

11 comments:

Shelley Sly said...

Sounds like you had quite a year, Amie! Wishing you the best for 2011! Happy New Year!

Medeia Sharif said...

You accomplished a lot this year!

I hope you have a wonderful 2011. :)

Meg said...

What a year!

Happy New Year!

Ann Best said...

Sounds like a great year for you! Congratulations!!

I just met you through CeleryTree. I have a memoir coming out soon through WiDo Publishing, and CeleryTree will be a great resource for me as well as for all of us writers. A lot of interesting things, I think, coming up in 2011!

Happy New Year!

Amie Kaufman said...

What a year! It's been a pleasure getting to know you through 2010--looking forward to sharing your adventures and successes in 2011!

Anne Gallagher said...

Fantastic year for you!!! Go girl!!!

Happy Happy New Year, Amie!! May all your dreams come true.

LDS_Publisher said...

You won a prize in the LDS Publisher comment contest. Send me your mailing address.

ciaraknight said...

Sounds like you had a productive year. It's great to receive that much feedback. Form rejects are the worst.
Goo duck in 2011!

Aimee said...

Congrats on getting your short story published! Ya-hoo! I hope this year brings lots of good publishing news to you. :) Here's to making awesome writing goals and sticking to them.

Dawn said...

That's a pretty great list of accomplishments! Congrats! Happy New Year.

DL Hammons said...

That's definitely a year to be proud of! Good luck in 2011!! :)