It's time to say goodbye to another year and ring in the new. 2010 was the start of a new decade and although it had some pretty miserable memories, there are lots of good things to remember, too.
* I wrote my first middle-grade manuscript
* I joined and helped build The Mixed-Up Files
* Although I had tons of requests, and then an equal amount of rejections on my YA, I averaged 95% feedback from agents on these rejections.
* My MG received about 99% feedback from agents (yep - that's pretty close to all of the agents that read my ms gave me more than just a form rejection)
* My MG is still out with agents - but that's all I can say about that :)
* Even though I hated it at the time, I participated in NANO.
* I started blogging (technically I started in 2009 - but it was December, so it's close enough to 2010 in my book)
* I've met some really awesome bloggers, writers and more importantly - FRIENDS :)
* I joined a crit group. They are the bomb. I adore those women.
* My article about advocating for learning disabled children was sought after by well-known charities for distribution rights.
* A short story I wrote won a contest and will be published in a Christmas anthology
These are just the tip of the iceberg. There is so much that's happened in my personal life and family that I have to be grateful for, too.
I hope that the later half of 2010 (the contest and publication) are just a sign of things to come in 2011. Monday I'll be posting my goals for the new year. If you haven't written yours already, I hope you'll join me then and set your goals with me!
And I hope, too, for all my blogger buddies and friends that you have a wonderful 2011. May your hopes and dreams come true!