Monday, December 6, 2010

Sick Kids = No Writing

I really wanted to get a post up sooner today...but my little one has been home sick. Strep throat. Poor thing. And I've been so wrapped up in writing and edits that I hadn't been grocery shopping. So there were no comfort foods for her (ie: lollipops, chicken noodle soup and ice cream). And no comfort food for me (need I tell you it's chocolate???). You can probably imagine how stressesd I was. Needless to say, I pretty much accomplished nothing. But I figure that's okay. She's only little once and everything else can wait. Right?

So, my dear blogger buddies, I hope you've had a great weekend and a great Monday. Hopefully I'll survive this week and can join you all on Wednesday!

12 comments:

Christina said...

Good luck with the week! I feel you! I've been sick and all my little students just keep spreading it!

ciaraknight said...

I hope your daughter is feeling better. We've had strep six times between three boys this school year. Enjoy the cuddling time 'cause it doesn't last long does it?

Christine Danek said...

I hope your child gets better soon. Every week someone is sick at my house.
It's that time of year.
Take care.

lbdiamond said...

*hugs*

wheresmypencil said...

Hope she gets better soon. It seems everyone around here has been sick too. Must be the time of year. ;p

Elana Johnson said...

Bummer! Hope your girl gets better soon.

Medeia Sharif said...

I hope your daughter feels better soon.

Rezden said...

Hope she starts feeling better. :) Take your time to be relax.

Abby Minard said...

Oh no! I hope she gets better- I know what it's like having a sick kiddo and no time to do anything else. And the no grocery shopping- we eat out way too much!

Amie B said...

thanks for your well wishes and kind words, everyone!

i'm sorry to hear that most of you/your children have been stricken with seasonal junk as well. sending my best to all of you!

Amie Kaufman said...

Aw, poor all of you! Feel better soon!

DL Hammons said...

I hope your little one is up and bouncing off the walls again real soon!! :)