Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Rabid Foxes Are Sly and Sneaky

So, if you're like me you probably have....oh I dunno...a GAZILLION books you've started writing. Then, later (and by later I mean a few thousand words, or a couple measley chapters)you've abandoned that story and started an affair with your BAZILLIONTH book idea that just popped into your head like some crazed, rabid fox. All sly and sneaky. And unexpected. Drooling and foaming at the mouth.

And between the books you've started, the ideas in your head, and all the craziness between your ears you're kind of insane happy that you have so much creativity flowing! Right. Happy, happy, joy, joy!

It kind of feels like this:

(Ren and Stimpy: "Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy" song Courtesy of Youtube.com)

But if you're smart, like me,  you'll come up with a very calculated and wonderful plan!
It's called a chart.
And this is what it looks like:



Click me to enlarge :)





So now that you're completely overwhelmed inspired, try making your own chart and see for yourself just how easy it will be to complete all your WIP's!!

You're welcome.

10 comments:

Angela Felsted said...

This is exactly right! And it's see easy to find myself on this chart too, in the lower left hand corner in the fetal position.

Oh dear.

Angela Felsted said...

*And it's easy

Amie Borst said...

i find myself all over this chart as well....it mostly depends on the day...but on average, it's in the fetal position rocking in the corner!

Jen Swanson said...

Amie,

Change the titles, this could be me. Yes, I have a gazillion ideas, some of which may never reach the page - others that probably shouldn't. :) But being organized is key. Kudos to you for tackling this chart and making it yours. Now get writing! Can't wait to read all these fantastic stories. Jen

Terri Tiffany said...

I'ms still jealous that you can come up with so many ideas! I wish!! That's my problem!

Rachel said...

LOL! Love this chart. I have so many ideas all the time that I recently had to put finished and unfinished folders on my computer just so it wasn't confusing. Unfortunately I tend to stop about page 150 and move on to the next story.

KarenG said...

I'm always jealous of writers who have so many ideas they need a chart to keep track of them.

Aimee said...

Well, since I'm not a writer, I have nothing to contribute about charts or inspiration of that nature, but I love Ren and Stimpy. I did a speech in college a long, long, long time ago on laughter and used Ren and Stimpy as part of my visuals. :) Keep writing, my friend. And keep writing amazing posts that make us all smile. May the rabid fox smile down on you today. Minus the froth.

Amie Borst said...

thanks jen! my crit group is awesome and very inspiring :)

terri and karen - seriously, don't be jealous. i really do feel like ren and stimpy most of the time. where's my hammer?

rachel - great idea! folders are a must!

aimee - why do i think you and i would have been very good friends in college? :)

Laura Diamond said...

Yes. This is 100% absolutely accurate. :)