Thursday, June 7, 2012

Wherein I Announce My Publishing News, SQUEE a lot and Abuse the Use of Exclamation Marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it! It's been such a long, hard, difficult journey, but I'm thrilled to announce that I have a publisher!!!

My first book - CINDERSKELLA - a Middle-grade humorous fantasy, written with my co-author, my co-hort and my friend - my 12 year old daughter, Bethanie, will be published by Jolly Fish Press fall 2013!!!

I can't even begin to express my excitement!!!!!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*jumps up and down*

*falls on floor*

*checks pulse*

*yup, I'm still alive*

Thankfully, Bethanie's "Happy Dance" best sums it up:



Good thing she keeps me grounded, because I was running around, screaming, crying and being, well, basically, a total and complete spaz. And let me tell you, you really don't want a video of that.

Here's the official press release from Jolly Fish Press:

June 7, 2012
For Immediate Release
Contact: Kirk Cunningham, Head Publicist: (801) 380-4503 | kirk@jollyfishpress.com

Skeleton in the Closet

PROVO, UT—Jolly Fish Press (JFP) is happy to announce the acquisition of Cinderskella, a middle-grade novel by Amie and Bethanie Borst, mother-daughter co-authors with an uncanny knack for hilarity.

Cindy is just a normal, average girl. At least until she wakes up one night to find out she is dead. Well, she isn't technically dead—she just doesn't have any hair, eyes, or . . . skin. Yep, she is a skeleton—all bones and no body.

Human by day and skeleton by night, Cindy is definitely cursed. What ensues is a hysterical tale of a young girl who, while coping with the loss of her mother, embarks on a journey of self-discovery, love, and forgiveness, all the while learning to deal with an evil step-mother and her "skeletal" abnormalities.

Amie Borst, a long-time writer and self-proclaimed graduate from ULE (University of Life Experience), is a native New Yorker, now residing in Northern Virginia. Originally, she aspired to be on Broadway, but her teen years were filled with too many "angsty" poems and short stories to let them fall to the wayside. She enjoys eating chocolate while writing and keeps a well-stocked stash hidden away from her family.

Born with learning disabilities, Bethanie Borst is an all-rounder. She is a spunky 12-year-old who plays viola in her school orchestra, enjoys video games, and is quick on her toes when it comes to tricky situations. When she is not writing, she swings on a star.

Cinderskella, Amie and Bethanie Borst's mirthful and uplifting debut novel, will be released Fall 2013.


SQUEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not mentioned in the press release, (and I'm pretty sure we can announce it) but we also signed a THREE BOOK DEAL!

Single, Double, TRIPLE SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also have to say that the team at Jolly Fish Press has been absolutely amazing - from the acquisition team, to the editoral team right on to our publicist - we couldn't be happier to work with such wonderful, knowledgable and fantastic people in the book industry! We're so happy to have found a home for our book. We're thrilled to have a publishing team that's just as excited about our book as we are.

We are so blessed.

And here's one more SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for good measure!!!!!!!


21 comments:

Cherie Reich said...

Yay!! Congratulations!!!!

KarenG said...

So cool! Congrats, Amie and daughter!!!

Angie said...

Congrats!!! That is so awesome! :)

Elana Johnson said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to read it.

LS Murphy said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you both! Congrats.

Jenilyn Tolley said...

Congratulations! That's awesome!

Aimee said...

So happy for you guys! I'm going to go eat some chocolate in celebration now. One for you and one for me. :)

Angie said...

Woohoo! Way to go!

Donna Hosie said...

Many many congratulations.

Mikey Stephenson said...

Congratulations!

Amie Borst said...

thank you everyone for your support! i love the writing community! so many wonderful writers supporting each other and sharing joy in their success!

Teri Harman said...

I am squee-ing for you! The book sounds fabulous and I love that you wrote it with your daughter. YAY! Go team Jolly Fish.

Christina said...

CONGRATS! You deserve it! (I still remember that time you hosted a query contest and you helped me shape my query so much!) Good luck with all your writing endeavors!!!

Unknown said...

Amie!!!!! So happy for you!! Can't wait to read it!

Unknown said...

I was so excited for you I forgot to sign my name -- Last comment and this one ... from Gina!

Meredith said...

Yay!!! Congratulations!!! Sounds like it's going to be such a fun series!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Amie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Hmm, that was *me* - Kimberley up above. Weird Blogger!!! ;-)

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Okay, blogger is doing very weird things. I posted - it came up Anonymous, I posted again to explain it was me and the anonymous comment is gone. ???

But I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS, AMIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

MTeacress said...

I haven't been by for forever, and when I do, I hear the best news.

I'm so happy for you both! Way to go. I'm sure you'll be letting us in on the details as the date approaches. I'd like to add this one to my TBR. It sounds creative. :)