Transformation

It happens to most of us at some point or another. For my daughter, it came sooner than I would have liked. You see, when we moved into our house just over 5 years ago, she was a pre-schooler and now...well, now she's growing up, maybe just a little too fast.

Shortly after we moved in, I decorated her bedroom, perfectly sweet in a shabby chic, toddler pincess sort of way. But as it happens with children, she grew up and grew out of her bedroom, quite literally. The once cute furniture was now to small to store her clothes, or even sit in.



So, I knew it was time for a transformation.

I spent all summer painting walls, sanding furniture, painting furniture, sanding and painting, sanding and painting until my fingers bled. Because that's what most moms do for their kids.

And I transformed her bedroom into a more grown-up style, in a NYC chic, french boudouire sort of way. It's a style that suits her perfectly, my little fashionista.



Something old....

Becomes something new.

A $40 thrift store find...

Transforms into a masterpiece.

An existing ceiling fan...

Transforms nicely into a chic accent piece for the cost of trim and some spray paint.

And I did it all in three months for less than $1,000.

The best part? My daughter absolutely loved it!!

SCORE for mom!!

Comments

Donna Hosie said…
OMG! Please come and transform my house! Your daughter is a very lucky girl.
A-MAZING, Amie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bedroom is simply STUNNING.

You are very talented, girl!!!
Way cool, Amie [said in partial envy] - I could never do anything like this.

Popular posts from this blog

Cover Reveal for the All-New CINDERSKELLA!!

Spiral Staircase Cake

A Fresh Start - Announcing an All-New Illustrator!!!!