Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A BIG Announcement!

I've known for a while...and I've been dying to make the official announcement...

BUT...

I have an illustrator!!!

SQUEEEE!!!!!!

Jolly Fish Press kind of read my mind, they totally "got" my story and selected someone who, I believe, will really capture the essence of Cinderskella in beautiful artwork and illustrations!
 
Rachael Caringella is a mixed media artist currently living in Utah. Since a young age, she has been drawn to trees and nature and has always felt the need to represent that in her art, whether that be through mesmerizing portraits, textured paintings, remarkable clothing, and more. Rachael’s distinct and striking work and personality have garnered her an impressive fan-base. 



You can find her on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/talk2thetrees)

On twitter
(https://twitter.com/Talk2thetrees)

Shop her store on Etsy (http://www.etsy.com/shop/treetalker)

And visit her blog (http://www.talk2thetrees.blogspot.com/)


Okay, so we're told never to judge a book by its cover....but...have you paid any attention to this photo?  Rachael has PINK hair!  If you get my obsession with all things PINK, then you understand why I'm kind of crushing hard on her hair.  I mean, even my blog is pink!  I'm kind of a pink freak.  So with a common love for all things pink, I am convinced this is a match made in heaven.  :)

I'm so excited! I can't wait to work with her!

9 comments:

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I can't wait to see her illustrations for you book, Amie. :)

Meredith said...

Yay! How exciting! Can't wait to see the illustrations!

Rachael TreeTalker said...

Yay! I'm so excited to be working with you!! Wohoo!

Amie Borst said...

stina and meredith - thank you! i was thrilled when my publisher told me Cinderskella would be illustrated, but elated when i learned who i would be working with!

rachael - we're going to have a blast!

Terri Tiffany said...

Wonderful news!!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Congratulations!!! I love her hair. It's beautiful. :)

Aimee Brown said...

I can't wait to read your book! This is such an exciting process. I'm so happy for you guys. :)

Ann Marie Meyers said...

It's a perfect match Amie!!!!

Amie Borst said...

Teri - it certainly IS wonderful news! i knew JFP would create an awesome book cover...but illustrations, too?! wow!

Sharon - its silly really, but i do love pink and she pulls it off so well!

Aimee - i can't wait for you to review it!!

Ann Marie - yes! exciting times are ahead!