I'm Published in the Checkin It Twice Anthology!

The short version:

In case you didn't hear, I wrote a short story.

I entered it in a contest. Anonymously.

It won reader's choice!  Now it's published.

WOOT! Go me!


The long version:

In 2010 I wrote a short story about something that was close to my heart: the men and women who serve our country.  My husband is prior Air Force and those days of military service are some of my fondest memories.

Bravely, (not biting my nails or worried about putting my work out there for all to judge or anything like that) I entered it into a contest.  It was probably a good thing the story was posted as a number entry, with no author credit.  For one thing, I've never been one to win a popularity contest.  For another, if people hated it, I never had to lay claim to the piece of junk I called artistic creativity.  So, I suppose it was a win-win.

Then, I watched and waited as the story received votes.  People liked it!  Then more votes.  And more and more.  People connected with it, they appreciated my work and they were willing to tell me so!

Soon (and by soon I mean long days of agonizing over whether my story would earn enough votes to be published in an anthology) the winners were announced.  I kind of knew that I'd won....(not because I'd checked the website every day....every hour....repeatedly refreshing the page over and over and over again....no, I'd never do that)....but even when the news came, I was in shock.  And awe.

People liked my story!  They really liked it!

I like those people who liked my story.  A whole lot.

Now my short story, A Soldier's Christmas, is included in the Checkin It Twice anthology!

Can Santa learn a lesson from the Savior?
Can a foreign exchange student help you see Christmas a little more clearly?
Do things really look better from a distance?
And just how many holiday ornaments does one woman need?

Get in the Christmas Spirit with Volume 2 of award-winning stories from LDS Publisher's 2010 and 2011 Christmas Story Contests! Sixteen short stories from popular LDS authors to help you remember the reason for the season!


Featuring LDS Authors:

Amie Borst • A Soldier’s Christmas

Angie Lofthouse • Broken Things

Brenda J. Anderson • Milkshakes and Mittens

Brian C. Ricks • Third Strike Christmas

Gussie Fick • Substitute Santa

Janice Sperry • Slushballs

Jennifer Carson Shelton • With Wondering Awe

Jennifer Ricks • Christmas Stash

Jennifer Ricks • The Two Hundred Forty-fourth Ornament

Kasey Eyre • Gifts from Jesus

LeeAnn Setzer • Christmas Bus

LisaAnn Turner • The Real Magic

Michael Young • Checkin’ It Twice

Rob Smales • Fishing Buddy

Teresa G. Osgood • Foreign Exchange

Weston Elliott • Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh

The best part?  You can order a copy!  It's for sale on Amazon and CreateSpace.  You can purchase both hard copies or ebooks and if you purchase it before December 15th you get all sorts of extra bonus goodies!  How cool is that?!

*Checkin It Twice ebook
*Stolen Christmas ebook
*Santa Bingo
*Nativity Bingo
*I love Christmas! Activity book
It's easy to claim your bonuses.  Simply forward your emailed Amazon receipt to citbonus@rosehavenpublishing.net and you'll get a reply email with download instructions!

Know what else?  Checkin It Twice has already had international sales!  YIPEE!

Know what else, else?  You can enter to win an ebook copy, right here on my blog!
a Rafflecopter giveaway



The stories in this anthology are sweet reminders of the true spirit of Christmas.  So if you aren't one of the lucky winners, I hope you purchase a few copies - one to keep and one to give.  I'd love to hear your thoughts after you've read it!

Happy holidays!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cover Reveal for the All-New CINDERSKELLA!!

Spiral Staircase Cake

A Fresh Start - Announcing an All-New Illustrator!!!!