Wednesday, March 26, 2014

How I Deal with Telemarketers

There's nothing I hate more than telemarketing phone calls. That's why I like to mess with them when they call.  Here's my latest:

Telemarketer: Hi ma'am, I'm calling to see if you'd like to donate a bag of used clothing for *my charity*.

 Me: Why yes. I have 10,000 of them!

 Telemarketer: 10,000??!! *said with shocked enthusiasm* (I imagine the expression on her face somewhere between a Whoa, this woman must be filthy rich and then a realization of Shoot, she's messing with me) Well then, are you still at *recites address*

 Me: Yes I am. *says this matter-of-factly*  The bags will be on my porch.

 Telemarketer: All 10,000 of them?...

 Me: Yes ma'am. All 10,000 of them. *pause* And while you're here, you might want to call in HOARDERS and have them clean my house.


 Telemarketer: BWAAAHHAHAHA!!!! 


 Me: You have a nice weekend ma'am.


 Telemarketer: *still in fit of laughter* BWAHAHA *gasps for air* You *more laughter* too!





1 comment:

Vicki Rocho said...

That was awesome!

My husband talks to them, I either say I'm not interested (and hang up) or I say I'm the maid and I have no idea when the family will be back from Europe. LOL